As the week’s end fast approaches, we offer you our third installment of LUR’s Labor Shorts, where we expose today’s union bosses one skid mark at a time.
Here is this week’s list of the most relevant union happenings across the country (and beyond), brought to you in short and “tweet” form (that is 140 characters, more or less):
- EFCA’s Evil Twin. Airlines are under siege as unions want to change the 75-year old process for unionizing airline workers to that of “minority rule.”
- Desperate Steelworkers. On strike for 14 months, Canadian USW threatens to target replacement workers.
- Duking it out. Pratt & Whitney and the Machinists are heading to court over company plans to relocate.
- Rejects? UFCW rejects Safeway and Kroger Colorado contract offers.
- Labor’s Lackey. LA Times looks into President Obama’s special special interest.
- The King & Queen’s Communist Love Affair. Romantic Poet waxes on SEIU’s Stern and Burger and their special relationship with China’s Communist-run trade union.
- UAW & the Downfall of Detroit. Motor City looked at through Time.
- The Cookie Crumbles in the Bronx. Stella D’ Oro workers cling to the last crumb of hope, as the Company calls the union to task.
- Brotherly Love? Andy Says: Say Uncle! as the SEIU takes aim at UNITE-HERE in Philly.
- Purple People Beaters. SEIU’s chronicles of violence, while others are eaten by…
- Purple People Eaters. Illinois governor offers SEIU more bodies to feed their dues habit on.
- Mock Doc Smocks. As some docs came unprepared, SEIU boasts of astroturfer, RedState exposes the ‘disinterested’ docs’ donations and staged photo-op.
- Public Option Pushers. As unions push for the “public option” (aka nationalized health care), pols fight to keep the health care bill a secret.
- Shrinkage: ACORN’s Nuts in the Cold. Congress cuts as Chief-Nutjob Bertha Lewis fires back, continuing her ‘apology tour,’ while ACORN’s nuts are brilliantly laid bare and the $1 million embezzlement multiplies itself fivefold.
- The Money Pit, a 2010 Trap? Bam Slam: Dollar drop could be Democrats mid-term dream.
- Obama’s SEIU Man. White House political director Patrick Gaspard gets exposed down under.
- No Union Site Turns 30. Visitors of 1-888-No-Union.com hit 30,000 this week.
- None Dare Call it a Strike. SEIU wants state workers to take Monday off (en masse) in the broke state of California.
- Lost at Sea, Ye Mutinous Bilge Rats! Someone pass the rum! Unionized seamen have been floating around on strike for three weeks. Aargh!
And that, mates, is our Labor Shorts #3!
With best wishes for a great week’s end!
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” — Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776